Understanding your elbow fracture injury or complex fracture is important. Our dedicated team of expert orthopedic doctors in Ahmedabad have developed this patient eudcation section to help you understand your fracture better and how we can help fix, correct and heal you as quickly and safely as possible. Dr. Pranav A. Shah and his team of the best orthopedic doctors in Ahmedabad have been able to successfully solve the hardest of complex fracture of the shoulder type of cases in just a short period of time for most patients ensuring that they had an excellent near perfect full recovery post operation in 99% of the cases. The patient testimonials and case studies presented on the website provide ample evidence that Dr. Pranav Shah and his team of the best orthopedic surgeons in Ahmedaad are amongst the best orthopedic doctors in Gujarat and Rajasthan. The expert Complex Fracture orthopedic doctor team performs at a world class facility CIMS Hospital in Ahmedabad, which has been rated as the best hospital in Gujarat for the year 2018 and is located in India.
Introduction of Region :
Causes of Fracture :
People can injure an elbow in a variety of ways, from overuse (athletic injuries) to an acute traumatic event (a fall or direct blow). Pain is usually worse with any elbow movement. The treatment for this fracture depends on the number and size of the bone fragments. Complex fractures often require surgery to repair and stabilize the fragments or to remove or replace the radial head if there are too many bony pieces.
Do I Require Surgery ? :
What are the Benefits of Surgery ? :
What is the recovery process ? :
What are the risks in the Surgery ? :
- Removal and/or replacement of the device system or its components may be necessary at some point in the future.
- Although rare, metal-allergy reactions from elbow implants have been reported. Inform your doctor if you have any allergy symptoms.
- Problem with fracture healing like nonunion, mal union, and implant loosening may occur.
- Infection occurs in about 1% cases with higher incidence in diabetics, smokers, etc.
- May cause injury to nerves, muscles, or bone.